Sanlam: Senior Fund Administrator - Death Claims ( Centurion)
Who are we?
Sanlam is a leading financial services group, originally established as a life insurance company in 1918. The Sanlam Group conducts its business through Sanlam Limited, the corporate head office and four business clusters. The corporate head office is responsible for the Groups’ centralised functions such as strategic direction, financial and risk management, marketing and communications, Group human resources and corporate social investment (CSI). The four business cluster include; Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Emerging Markets and Santam What will you do?
What will you do? (key responsibilities continues)
- Administration of Retirement Funds and maintenance of member level transactions across functional systems and functional areas within SEB Core.
- Supervision of and sign-off on correctness of administrator(s) processing, recording, reporting and related compliance matters.
- Adhere to service level agreements. (Internal and external)
- Adhere to internal controls and procedures in place
- Professional verbal and written communication and reporting to clients. (Internal and external)
Qualification & Experience
- A thorough understanding of and compliance with the Pension Fund Act, Fund Rules and Income Tax Act and any other relevant legislative requirements.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to ad hoc operational requirements, internal and external. (Verbal and in writing)
- Identify and inform Management of any issues. (Escalation)
- Handle all internal and external client requests and enquiries in a professional manner.
- Monitor the work management system and escalate critical incidents.
- Foster and maintain the relationship with internal departments e.g. Internal auditors Fund accounting, Legal.
- Effectively manage and coordinate the daily workloads and work functions of a small team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Matric/Grade 12
- 3 to 4 years Employee Benefits Experience
- Death claim Investigations and processing will be advantageous
- A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous
- Certificate of Proficiency (COP) or Introduction to Retirement Funds (IRF) qualification will be advantageous
- Previous retirement fund experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, power point)
- Conflict management at supervisory level
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
- Strong attention to detail and proactive attitude
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Results focused and displays energy when performing tasks
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Innovative and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Inter-personally skilled
- Ability to collaborate and pull information together
- Proactive attitude and a team player
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
closing date: Not Specified
location: South Africa How To Apply